Click on Link to download or play MP3 file || 3 m 33s || 3.26 MB ||
Welcome to Palestine Today, a service of the International Middle East Media Center, www.imemc.org, for Tuesday, August 14, 2012.
Iran says the Israeli threats are not more than a psychological war fare, and Israelis are rushing to the gas-masks distribution centres, meanwhile, the Israeli military kidnaps three Palestinians, these stories and more, coming up, stay tuned.
Iranian Minister of Defence Ahmad Wahidi, said Iran will destroy the Israeli army if Israel launches any strike against the nuclear plant.
He added that the Israeli talk about war indicates weakness saying that threats of a strike against Iran is all part of a psychological war-fare.
Wahidi said the Israeli military could not defeat Hezbollah in Lebanon and Hamas in Gaza adding that Israel does not know the military capabilities of the Iran.
In the meantime, hundreds of Israelis rushed to the Gas-masks distribution centers with the escalation of threats by Israeli leaders, especially Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defence Minister Ihud Barak despite the numerous calls by senior Israeli security officer’s against any strike against Iran.
Israeli sources said at least nine thousand people called the distribution centers asking about the preparations in case of war with Iran which caused some damage to the phone network, and around 600 arrived to the center and pre-ordered tear gas masks, saying that at a normal day the number does not exceed 150.
Israel has already distributed more than 4.2 million gas masks to the residents, and still short with around 1 million masks due to financial limitations to manufacture them or import them
In other news, Israeli military invaded the town of Kufur Qaddum east of the Palestinian city of Qalqilia and detained three Palestinians. Palestinian media sources said the three were identified as Rashid Obeid, 18, Alaa Amer, 26 and Mu’awiyah Amer 21.
In the Gaza Strip, Egyptian authorities opened the Rafah Terminal to allow the passage of hundreds of Palestinians stuck on the Egyptian side of the terminal. The terminal was closed after the deadly attack in Sinai that claimed the lives of 15 Egyptian soldiers last week.
Rafah terminal is the only link for the Gaza Strip with the world, as Israel denies the Gazans access through Erez terminal in the north. Palestinian official at the Rafah terminal said at least 465 thousand people has crossed the Rafah terminal during the past 15 months in both directions.
And that’s all for today from IMEMC News; this was the Tuesday August 14th daily news round-up from the Occupied Palestinian Territories. For more news and updates please visit our website at www.imemc.org. Today’s report has been brought to you by Husam Qassis and me, George Rishmawi