Click on Link to download or play MP3 file || 2 m 40s || 2.44 MB ||
Welcome to Palestine Today, a service of the International Middle East Media Center, www.imemc.org, for Wednesday September 26th, 2012.
Palestinian man killed in a tunnel accident in Gaza while Israeli settlers take control of Palestinian owned lands in the Jordan valley. These stories and more, coming up, stay tuned.
Palestinian medical sources in the Gaza Strip reported Wednesday that one resident was killed and two were wounded when a siege-busting tunnel, on the border in Rafah, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip, collapsed on them.
The youth was identified as Suleiman Ramadan Al-Masri, 20; the two wounded residents suffered moderate injuries. Last week another tunnel worker was killed in a similar tunnel collapse accident in As-Salaam neighborhood in Rafah.
It is worth mentioning that around 205 Palestinians have been killed in similar tunnel incidents, while hundreds have been injured since 2006. The Palestinians started digging tunnels after Israel enforced its deadly siege on the coastal region.
The siege has left Gazan hospitals out of basic and specialized supplies and equipment, an issue that has led to the death of more than 400 patients, including infants and children.
Meanwhile in the West Bank today, the Israeli military announced that troops arrested two Palestinians near an Israeli military checkpoint in northern West Bank. Soldiers said that the two men were caring guns.
In other news Israeli settlers continued today to bulldoze Palestinian farm lands in the Jordan valley and prepare them for Israeli settlers farmers. Local sources said that the lands are owned by Palestinian farmers from the village of Jiftlek in the Jordan valleys.
And that’s all for today from the IMEMC News; this was the Wednesday September 26 news round-up from the Occupied Palestinian Territories. For more news and updates please visit our website at www.imemc.org. Today’s report has been brought to you by Hussam Qassis and me, Ghassan Bannoura.