Click on Link to download or play MP3 file || 3 m 23s || 3.10 MB ||
Welcome to Palestine Today, a service of the International Middle East Media Center, www.imemc.org, for Monday December 3rd, 2012.
A Palestinian man killed by Israeli soldiers’ gunfire in the West Bank, and Israeli attacks against Gaza fishermen escalates. These stories, and more, coming up, stay tuned.
A Palestinian man was killed, on Monday, by Israeli troops’ gunfire at a checkpoint near the northern West Bank city of Tulkarem. Eyewitness told local news that soldiers refused to allow ambulance crews from reaching the man when he was shoot.
Local sources identified the man as Hatem Shadied, 38, from the village of Allar near Tulakrem. According to Eyewitness soldiers chased Shadied and rammed his car off road then opened fire at him killing him. Israeli sources said that soldiers suspected the man of having a shuffle in his car.
In other news The Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR) announced that Israeli attacks against fishermen in Gaza escalated despite the Israeli authorities’ announcement of allowing the fishermen to fish up to 6 nautical miles off the Gaza shore in the context of the cease-fire mediated by Egypt last month.
Since the cease-fire agreement came about, PCHR says Israeli occupation forces have arrested 29 fishermen, including 14 who were arrested over the week end. Additionally, 9 fishing boats were confiscated and damaged, including 3 boats that were confiscated over the week end.
Elsewhere the Israeli Security Services expressed rejection of the new Israeli government decision to build additional 3000 units for Jewish settlers in occupied Jerusalem and the West Bank, and said that “the move is un-calculated”.
Israeli news sources reported that the new decision that was also described as “an angry move’ by Israeli security officials who also described the decision as hasty, as there is no need to punish the Palestinians for garnering UN General assembly overwhelming approval vote as a nonmember state as long as the Palestinians refrain from suing Israel at the International Criminal Court.
And that’s all for today from the IMEMC News; this was the Monday December 3rd, news round-up from the Occupied Palestinian Territories. For more news and updates please visit our website at www.imemc.org. Today’s report has been brought to you by Hussam Qassis and me, Ghassan Bannoura.