Abbas: “Israel Responsible For Likely Collapse Of Peace Talks”

23 Oct
2:50 PM

[Wednesday October 23, 2013] Palestinian President, Mahmoud Abbas, stated that Israel is to be held responsible for the possible collapse of peace talks, and said that Tel Aviv must stops its violations, assaults and its settlement activities.His statements came during his visit to Lithuania, the current head of the European Union.

Last week, Israel daily, Maariv, said that Israeli-Palestinian peace talks where on the verge of collapse due to numerous obstacles in talks regarding borders.

Abbas said that should peace talks collapse, Israel will be held completely responsible due to its ongoing assaults and violations, the Maan News Agency has reported.

“They have no right to stay in our land after signing a peace agreement”, Abbas said, “We do not oppose an unarmed state, but he want a very strong police force as stated in the Oslo agreements”.

He also welcomed the European Union’s call on Israel to stop all of its settlement activities.

During her meeting with Abbas on Monday, Lithuanian President, Dalia Grybauskaitė, called on Israel to stop the construction and expansion of Israeli settlement, and added that the European Union does not recognize settlements as part of Israel.

On Monday, U.S. Secretary of State, John Kerry, stated during his visit to Paris that peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians will be intensified, and that all core issues are on the table.

Nevertheless, on the ground, Israel’s illegal settlement activities are ongoing and escalating in direct violation of International Law, and its invasions and assaults are on the rise leading just recently to dozens of casualties.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail
« »

IMEMC & Agencies

Related Articles