37 settlers stormed Thursday morning the courtyards of Al-Aqsa Mosque through Mughrabi gate amid tight security measures. Yesterday, Israeli army bulldozers demolished a Palestinian-owned building and 20 commercial shops in occupied East Jerusalem, on the claim that they had been built without permission.Director of Al Aqsa Mosque, Sheikh Omar Alkeswani, told Al Ray Palestinian Media Agency that 37 settlers divided to six groups stormed Al-Aqsaâs courtyards, the latest invasion involving 17 settlers breaking in through Mughrabi Gate, guarded by intelligence agents and police.
Alkeswani pointed out that a number of settlers tried to perform Talmudic rituals, but were confronted by defenders, including worshipers at the mosque, and were taken out through the gate of al-Selsela.
Alkeswani noted that the Israeli police has been blackmailing Palestinian worshipers and students by seizing their identities cards.
See 11/16/14 Women Assaulted as Al Aqsa Restrictions Reimposed and Settlers Tour Mosque with Armed Escort for further details.
Israeli army bulldozers, on Wednesday, demolished a Palestinian building and 20 commercial shops in occupied East Jerusalem under the pretexts that the structures had been built without permission.
‘Four bulldozers backed by 300 Israeli troops forced their way into the Shuafat refugee camp early this morning and began demolishing 20 shops and one building,’ Mohamed Masalmeh, head of the refugee camp’s popular committee, told Anadolu Agency.
He said that Israeli forces had prevented anyone from approaching the area since early morning.
See: 12/04/14 36 Palestinians Injured In Shuâfat Refugee Camp