Audio Link After Text
Welcome to Palestine Today, a service of the International Middle East Media Center, www.imemc.org, for Wednesday, June 17th, 2015.
Israeli soldiers invade West Bank communities kidnap civilians and demolish a home in Jerusalem. These stories, and more, coming up, stay tuned.
Israeli soldiers kidnapped, earlier Wednesday, at least seven Palestinians in various parts of the occupied West Bank, and Jerusalem, in numerous invasions targeting different communities.
Media sources in Bethlehem have reported that several army vehicles invaded Teqoua’ town, east of Bethlehem, and kidnaped one man after searching his home.
Moreover, soldiers stormed homes in Silwad town, east of the central West Bank city of Ramallah, and kidnapped three Palestinians, including a child, after searching their homes. Shortly after midnight, soldiers invaded Bil’in town, near Ramallah, and kidnaped one man.
In Jerusalem, soldiers invaded the al-‘Ezariyya town, southeast of the city, and kidnapped a young man. Earlier on Wednesday at dawn, soldiers invaded Beit Ummar and Yatta towns, in the southern West Bank district of Hebron, searched homes and kidnapped a child.
On Tuesday night, Several Israeli military vehicles kidnapped one Palestinian from the ‘Askar refugee camp, and another in Beta nearby town, in the northern West Bank city of Nablus.
Also on Tuesday night, Israeli soldiers invaded Silwan town in occupied East Jerusalem, clashed with dozens of local youths, wounding five, and kidnapped one child. Soldiers also fired gas bombs at home and cars.The Wadi Hilweh Information Center in Silwan has reported that the soldiers fired rubber-coated metal bullets, mildly wounding five Palestinians.
In other news, Israeli soldiers invaded, Wednesday, Beit Hanina neighborhood, north of occupied Jerusalem, and demolished a Palestinian home.
The demolished property, located in the al-Marwaha area in Beit Hanina, belongs to Tamer Edrees. Edrees said the soldiers invaded his home, after surrounding the area, and only allowed the family to remove some of its property, leaving the rest behind.
He added that City Council bulldozers, accompanied by the army, demolished his property, and informed him they “placed the destruction order near his property two days ago.” The resident said he never received the alleged order, otherwise he would have filed an appeal instantly. The army claims his property was built without a construction permit.
And that’s all for today from the IMEMC News; this was the Wednesday, June 17th, 2015 news round-up from the Occupied Palestinian Territories. For more news and updates, please visit our website at www.imemc.org. Today’s report has been brought to you by George Rishmawi and Ghassan Bannoura.