Audio Link After Text
Welcome to Palestine Today, a service of the International Middle East Media Center, www.imemc.org, for Tuesday, December 1, 2015.
Israeli attacks leave two Palestinians killed in different parts of occupied West Bank. These stories, and more, coming up, stay tuned.
Israeli soldiers shot and killed, on Tuesday midday, a Palestinian teen, sixteen years of age, near the Gush Etzion settlement block, built on Palestinian lands, south of Bethlehem. Palestinian medical sources said the slain teen has been identified as Ma’moun Raed al-Khatib, 16 years of age, from Doha city, in the Bethlehem district.
According to the Israeli army, al-Khatib “approached a settler with the intention to stab him,” before a soldier shot and injured him. The slain Palestinian was left bleeding on the ground, and died of his wounds.
On Tuesday morning, Israeli soldiers stationed at a checkpoint near Tulkarem, in the northern part of the West Bank, shot and killed Maram Ramez Hassouna, 19. Hassouna was from Rafidia, near Nablus, and had been crossing the checkpoint, which is located between Nablus and Tulkarem, when she was shot and killed.
Israeli authorities claimed that ‘she had a knife’, but no independent confirmation of that claim could be found.
With the two killed on Tuesday the number of Palestinians killed by Israeli gunfire since October 1 have reached now 108. Moreover the Palestinian Ministry of Health said that 13,500 Palestinians have been injured by Israeli gunfire in the same period.
earlier on Tuesday, Israeli soldiers invaded several Palestinian communities in the occupied West Bank, including Jerusalem, stormed and violently searched dozens of homes, and kidnapped 27 Palestinians, including one child.
On Tuesday at dawn, Israeli soldiers invaded the southern West Bank district of Hebron, searched and ransacked dozens of homes, and kidnapped at least eleven Palestinians in Hebron city, and the nearby Yatta town.
Elsewhere, Israeli bulldozers demolished, on Tuesday morning, a Palestinian house in the town of Arraba Upper Galilee. Residents said that Israeli bulldozers, protected by police and special forces, stormed the town and demolished a house belonging to a local family under the pretext having no permit. Later clashes erupted between Israeli troops and local youth. No injuries were reported.
And that’s all for today from the IMEMC News; this was the Tuesday, December 1, 2015 news round-up from the Occupied Palestinian Territories. For more news and updates, please visit our website at www.imemc.org. Today’s report has been brought to you by George Rishmawi and me Ghassan Bannoura.