Since the beginning of January 2016, a total of 23 Palestinian journalists on duty were targeted by Israeli armed forces and police, with 12 of the attacks occurring during the month of February alone.WAFA Palestinian News & Info Agency prepared a monthly report in which violations against journalists were documented, and indicated that the Israeli army continues to target Palestinian journalists, putting their lives at risk and hindering their work.

The report explained that journalists were being targeted with live metal rounds, teargas canisters, physical assault and arrests. Their ability to work freely and freedom of speech were also compromised.

In January alone, 11 journalists were targeted, while another 12 registered being attacked by Israeli forces during the month of February. Eight journalists sustained injuries due to being hit with rubber-coated steel bullets, while four others were either arrested, detained, had their press passes confiscated, or shot at without being hit.

On February 3, the Israeli police interrogated host of the show “Good morning Jerusalem” journalist Nader Bebars for around four hours under the pretext the content of his show is inciting against Israelis. Israeli police demanded him not to tackle politics in his show.

The same day, Israeli police physically assaulted Palestine Today correspondent Ahmad Jaradat. in the city of Jerusalem, and prevented him from covering a Jerusalem attack and its aftermath, despite presenting his press pass.

On February 4, Israeli soldiers physically assaulted photojournalist Ishaq Kasbe, also as he was covering the aftermath of an attack in Jerusalem.

After soldiers took Palestine Today journalist Mujahed Saadi from his Jenin home, the Israeli court ruled to hold Saadi in detention at Jalama prison.

Meanwhile, Israeli Supreme Court ruled to suspend the administrative detention of Palestinian hunger striking detainee Mohammad al-Qeeq, who has been detained since November 2015, and went on a hunger strike for 94 days.

On February 5, Israeli forces targeted the Turkish Anadolu News Agency reporter, Hisham Abu Shakra, with a live round in his leg, while he covered clashes that erupted between unarmed Palestinians and Israeli forces at the northern entrance of the city of Bethlehem.

On February 12, Israeli soldiers attacked WAFA photojournalist Ayman Nubani and 24fm photojournalist Muhammad Turabi, during a non-violent protest in Kafr Qaddoum, near Qalqilia.

European Pressphoto Agency photojournalist Alaa Badarneh sustained a broken hand while covering clashes in the same village, in of February 20. On February 26, video journalist for Jordanian Roya TV, Mohammad Shoshe, was hit with a sound bomb which burned and bruised his legs, while covering a protest near al-Ibrahimi Mosque, in the city of Hebron.

The same day, Kuwaiti journalist Nayed Shaher suffocated from inhaling teargas during the Bilin weekly protest against settlements and the apartheid wall. On February 27, photojournalist Mohammad Jaradat was assaulted while covering a protest to mark the 22nd anniversary of the Ibrahimi Mosque massacre in Hebron.

See Wiki article: Cave of the Patriarchs massacre