The Israeli military leadership believes that the current truce reached with the resistance in the besieged Gaza Strip could collapse within weeks if the situation in the coastal region does not improve.
Israeli media sources said, although both Hamas and the Islamic Jihad in Gaza were willing to end the fighting on Sunday morning, the military, and the political leadership in Tel Aviv did not want to send a message that could portray that Israel was weary about entering a full-blown military offensive while Euro Vision contest is being held in the country.
Israel’s intelligence services and the military have informed the political leadership in Tel Aviv that without boosting regional efforts to improve the dire and deteriorating humanitarian conditions in the Gaza Strip, this current ceasefire and relative calm will not last.
Monday witnessed calm in the coastal region, conscious and fragile as it is, but seems to be lasting for now. The Egyptian-mediated ceasefire agreement went into effect at 4:40 at dawn.
It is worth mentioning that Qatar has announced, Monday, allocating $480 Million to the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, as part of efforts to improve the living conditions of the Palestinians, living under the illegal Israeli occupation.
Palestinians killed (confirmed):
May 5, 2019
- Maria Ahmad al-Ghazali, 4 months.
- Ahmad Ramadan al-Ghazali, 31 (Maria’s father).
- Eman Abdullah Mousa al-Ghazali, 30 (Maria’s mother).
- Abdul-Rahim Mustafa Taha al-Madhoun, 61.
- Abdul-Rahman Talal Atiyya Abu al-Jedian, 12.
- Eyad Abdullah al-Sharihi, 34.
- Mohammad Abdul Nabi Abu Armaneh, 30.
- Mahmoud Samir Abu Armanah, 27.
- Mousa Moammar, 24.
- Ali Ahmad Abdul-Jawad, 51.
- Hani Hamdan Abu Sha’ar, 37 (Rafah).
- Abdullah Abdul Rahim al-Madhoun, 22.
- Fadi Ragheb Badran, 31.
- Amani al-Madhoun (Abu al-Omarein), 33/Ayman al-Madhoun (her fetus), northern Gaza.
- Abdullah Nofal Abu al-Ata, 21.
- Bilal Mohammad al-Banna, 23.
- Hamed al-Khodari, 34.
- Mahmoud Sobhi Issa, 26.
- Fawzi Abdul-Halim Bawadi, 24.
May 4, 2019
- Saba Mahmoud Abu Arar, 1
- Falasteen Saleh Abu Arar, 37
- Khaled Mohammad Abu Qleiq, 25
- Emad Mohammad Nosseir, 22
May 3, 2019 (before the launch of the current offensive)
- Ala’ Hasan al-Bobali, 29
- Abdullah Ibrahim Abu Mallouh, 33
- Ra’ed Khalil Abu Teir, 19
- Ramzi Rawhi ‘Abdo, 31
Israelis killed (confirmed):
May 5, 2019
- Pinchas Menachem Prezuazman, 21.
- Moshe Feder, 68.
- Ziad Alhamamda, 50.