On Tuesday night and Wednesday at dawn, Israeli forces detained a number of Palestinian civilians from the occupied West Bank.

According to the Palestinian Prisoners’ Society (PPS) seven civilians were detained on Tuesday night, and at dawn on Wednesday, one of whom was shot and injured before being detained.

From the northern West Bank town of Qabatiya, south of Jenin, Muhammad Tawfiq Kamil, a family member of the teen recently killed in Jerusalem.

From the northern West Bank city of Tulkarem, the army detained Asim Kamal al-Shalabi, 24, and Muhammad Ibrahim Hamarsha, 22, a former prisoner, from the Nour Shams refugee camp.

Ibrahim Hamarsha, director of the PPS in Tulkarem, and the father of a current detainee, was detained, along with another civilian, identified as Majd Hamesh, they were both interrogated and released.

In the central West Bank city of Bethlehem, Israeli soldiers took Qusay Ali Abu Mufreh, 18, and Munir Muhammad Taamrah, 37, into custody.

In the central West Bank city of Salfit, a young man, identified as Nizar Darabeh, was detained.

In the southern West Bank city of Hebron, one Palestinian was shot by Israeli forces, and later arrested. No more information was available at the time of this report.

Palestinian Prisoners’ Society

قوات الاحتلال تعتقل (7) مواطنين من الضفة
رام الله – #نادي_الأسير: اعتقلت قوات الاحتلال الإسرائيلي الليلة الماضية، وفجر…

Posted by ‎نادي الأسير الفلسطيني‎ on Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Meanwhile, Israeli soldiers, on Tuesday evening, invaded Jabel at-Taweel neighborhood in Al-Beireh city, central West Bank, which resulted in protests by local youths, the Palestinian Information Center reported.

During the onslaught, the army chased young Palestinian men, fired concussion grenades and tear-gas canisters, causing several people to choke on tear-gas.

It added that child with special needs, identified as Yousef Abed, 12, was detained by the army, no information about his location was available at the time of this report.

Furthermore, the PIC reported that on Tuesday night local Palestinians also protested the Israeli military incursion into the town of Qabatiya in Jenin, in which youths were said to have opened fire at the army. Israeli forces fired live rounds, tear-gas, and concussion grenades at the protestors. No injuries were reported.

Occupation forces also stormed the home of the slain teen, Mahmoud Omar Kamil, searched the home and interrogated his family.

East of Hebron, in southern West Bank, the army opened fire at a Palestinian vehicle near Bani Naim town. The young man was moderately injured, and subsequently detained, and his vehicle was confiscated by occupation authorities.