Israeli officers killed, Wednesday, a Palestinian teenage boy after he allegedly stabbed two officers in the al-Wad Street, in Old City of occupied Jerusalem. The soldiers later invaded his home before abducting his parents.

In a statement, the Israeli police said two Israelis were injured before the Palestinian was killed.

The slain Palestinian teen was later identified as Omar Ibrahim Abu ‘Assab, 16, from the al-‘Isawiya town in Jerusalem.

The Police added that two officers and one civilian guard opened fire at the Palestinian teen after he carried the alleged stabbing attack out and added that two Border Police officers were injured before the teen was killed.

After the incident, dozens of soldiers and police officers were deployed in the area and imposed a tight siege in the Old City and surrounding area.

The police said the wounded Israelis are a 20-year-old woman who sustained a moderate injury, and a young man, about twenty years of age, who suffered a mild wound; both were alert when they were moved to a hospital in Jerusalem.

Hours after the teen’s death, Israeli soldiers, intelligence agents, and police officers invaded the family’s home, and ransacked it, before abducting his father, mother, and brother, and released them after several hours of interrogation.

The soldiers also detained two teenage boys, in addition to firing many live rounds, rubber-coated steel bullets, and gas bombs at dozens of Palestinians who protested the invasion.

One of the detained teens, identified as Hashem Ali Hasan, said after his release that he was standing in Bab al-Aboud area before many soldiers and officers assaulted him, confiscated his coat, his shoes, and wallet.

The second teen has been identified as Yazan Zoheir al-Kalouti.

The soldiers also abducted Mohammad Rashed Eshteyya and Malek Salayma in Silwan, before moving them to an interrogation facility.

Attorney Mohammad Mahmoud of the Wadi Hilweh Information Center In Silwan (Silwanic) said a surveillance video which was released by the Israeli police shows that the officers could have subdued the teen without killing him, even if they had to resort to live fire.

Mahmoud called on the Israeli police in occupied Jerusalem to allow the transfer of the teen’s corpse to his family.