On Tuesday, Israeli soldiers abducted twelve Palestinians from their homes in several parts of the occupied West Bank.

In Bethlehem, several army jeeps invaded Za’tara village and Beit Fajjar town, east and south of the city, searched many homes, and abducted Odai Mohammad Zawahra, 21, and Ahmad Salti Thawabta, 23.

Also, the soldiers abducted Jamal Tamimi, and his son Khaled, after invading their homes and searching them, causing damage in Anata town, and continued the siege of Shu’fat refugee camp, northeast of the occupied Palestinian capital, Jerusalem, in the West Bank.

Update: The soldiers abducted a young man, Daoud Khatib, from Shu’fat refugee camp.

Furthermore, the soldiers assaulted Nitham Abu Ramouz and Eyad Abu Ramouz while trying to enter the Al-Aqsa Mosque through the Chain Gate and abducted them.

The Quds News Network has reported that the soldiers also prevented Palestinian journalists from entering the area.

In Nablus, in the northern West Bank, the soldiers invaded Beita town and Kafr Qalil village, south of the city, searched and ransacked several homes before abducting Amer Mahmoud Hamayel, 26, Osaid Suleiman M’allah, 28, and former political prisoner, Ahmad Adel Al-Qanni.

In Jenin, in the northern West Bank, the soldiers invaded Anza village, south of the city, searched homes, and abducted a young man, Emad Hasan Sadaqa.

Dozens of soldiers were also deployed around the villages and towns of Ajja, Arraba, Fahma, Zawiya, Marka, and Kafr Ra’ey, near Jenin, before closing and isolating many streets and surrounding areas.

In Tulkarem, in the northern West Bank, the soldiers invaded the Ezbet at-Tayyah area, east of the city, searched homes, and abducted Ahmad Abu Safaqa, 18, after storming his family’s home and ransacking it.

The soldiers detained Ahmad’s mother and his sister in one room while searching the property and confiscated mobile phones.

It is worth mentioning that Ahmad’s father, Mohannad Abu Safaqa, 45, was shot and seriously injured by Israeli police officers in Netanya, On May 23, 2017, after an alleged stabbing attack targeting an officer, and died from his wounds two days later.

First Published on: Oct 11, 2022, at 12:42