The Palestinian Prisoners’ Society (PPS) has reported that Israeli soldiers abducted, on Tuesday at dawn, at least ten Palestinians in several parts of the occupied West Bank.
It said the soldiers stormed and violently searched dozens of homes and interrogated many Palestinians before abducting at least ten of them.
The army invaded many neighborhoods in Hebron city, in the southern part of the occupied West Bank, and fired several concussion grenades, especially in the Shallala Street and az-Zahid neighborhood in the Old City, causing anxiety attack among several children.
The soldiers also installed military roadblocks at the entrance of Sa’ir town, and Halhoul Bridge, north of Hebron, before stopping and searching dozens of cars, and interrogated many Palestinians while inspecting their ID cards.
One of the abducted Palestinians, Mohammad Ata Oleyyan, from the al-‘Isawiya town in Jerusalem, is a former political prisoner who was released from an Israeli detention facility two months ago.
The PPS said nine of the abducted Palestinians have been identified as:
- Ghaleb Warda, Silwad town – Ramallah.
- Mohammad Omar Hamed, Silwad – Ramallah.
- Hussein Taiseer Hamed, Silwad – Ramallah.
- Rashad Mohammad, Silwad – Ramallah.
- Mirshid Hammad, Silwad – Ramallah.
- Amro Jamal Zeid, al-Jalazoun refugee camp – Ramallah.
- Issa Ibrahim Ekhlayyel, 22, Beit Ummar – Hebron.
- Khaled Za’tari, Hebron.
- Mohammad Ata Oleyyan, al-‘Isawiya – Jerusalem.