Israeli soldiers injured many Palestinians, and abducted at least four others, during protests in several communities in Jerusalem governorate, in the occupied West Bank.

The army invaded many Palestinian communities, starting on Monday evening, and attacked dozens of protesters with live rounds, rubber-coated steel bullets and gas bombs.

Protests were held in several parts of occupied West Bank against the so-called “Jewish Nationality law,” which was introduced by right-wing and religious parties, defining Israel as the nation-state of the Jewish people around the world, and ignores the rights of the indigenous Palestinians in the country, in addition to removing the Arabic language from an “official language status,” to a “special status.”

On Tuesday at dawn, the soldiers abducted Ali Mohammad Ayyad, after breaking into his home in Abu Dis town, east of Jerusalem.

They also shot a Palestinian with a live round, during a protest near Qalandia terminal, north of Jerusalem.

Israeli media sources said one soldier was injured, during a protest at the entrance of the ar-Ram town, north of Jerusalem.

Furthermore, the soldiers attacked Palestinian protesters in the al-Ezariyya and Abu Dis towns, and caused dozens to suffer the effects of teargas inhalation, in addition to wounding others with concussion grenades and rubber-coated steel bullets.

The army also attacked many protesters in Qabsa junction area, linking between Abu Dis and al-‘Ezariyya, near the Annexation Wall which separates the Palestinians from occupied Jerusalem.

In addition, the soldiers attacked Montaser Salaheddin, in front of his home in Hizma town, northeast of Jerusalem, causing several cuts and bruises, before abducting him.

Many protests were held in Hizma, in addition to Silwan, Jabal al-Mokabber, Anata and Shu’fat refugee camp.

In the Old City, the soldiers abducted several Palestinians after repeatedly assaulting them, causing various cuts and bruises, including Mohammad Daqqaq, who was also shot with a rubber-coated steel bullet in his back, in Bab al-‘Amoud area.

The soldiers assaulted many Palestinians who gathered in Bab al-‘Amoud, where they also held evening prayers, Monday, after the soldiers refused to allow them entry into the Al-Aqsa mosque, while groups of colonialist settlers conducted provocative tours in  and around the holy site.

Media sources said the soldiers used pepper-spray and gas bombs against the Palestinians and addition to assaulting them, causing many to suffer burns, especially in their faces, while many others suffered the effects of teargas inhalation.

The soldiers chased the Palestinians away, and closed the area after installing iron barricades, and only allowed the settlers through.

In addition, the soldiers abducted Ezzeddin Barbar and Mustafa Hashlamoun, after assaulting and wounding them in the same area.

In the Old City, the soldiers abducted two young men, after dozens of Palestinians protested the provocative tours and marches of colonialist settlers.

On Monday at night, the soldiers invaded the al-‘Isawiya town, in the center of Jerusalem, and abducted Abdul-Fattah Jom’a Khanfar, 16 after assaulting and wounding him.