Israeli soldiers injured, Sunday dawn, many Palestinians, one seriously, during protests that took place after the army invaded the Deheishe refugee camp, south of Bethlehem in the occupied West Bank. Army abducts six Palestinians In West Bank.
Local sources said dozens of soldiers invaded the refugee camp and fired many live rounds, gas bombs, concussion grenades, and rubber-coated steel bullets at Palestinian youngsters who protested the invasion.
The soldiers shot a teenage boy with a live round in the chest, causing a life-threatening injury before he was rushed to Beit Jala governmental hospital.
The soldiers also shot two young men with live rounds in the legs and caused many Palestinians, including those in their homes, to suffer the effects of tear gas inhalation.
The Israeli army said one soldier was mildly injured during the invasion of the refugee camp.
In related news, the soldiers invaded and ransacked many homes and buildings across the occupied West Bank and abducted six Palestinians.
The abducted are:
- Yahia Mohammad Barghouthi, a student of Birzeit University in Birzeit – Ramallah.
- Mojahed Wajdi Barghouthi, former political prisoner, Ramallah.
- Ahmad Omran Ashout, Ramallah.
- Bahauddin Nasser Aqel, from the al-Arroub refugee camp, Hebron.
- Bara’ al-Hosni, from the al-Arroub refugee camp, Hebron.
- Abdullah Adam Barnawi, 29, Nur Shams refugee camp, Tulkarem.