Palestinian sources reported that the Israeli army attacked and searched the house of Mohamed Al Herbawi located in the southern West Bank city of Hebron on Thursday at dawn.
On Wednesday the Hamas movement released a video of Al Herbawi and his comrade Shadee Z’Ghayer, both from Hebron city, who claimed the responsibility for the Dimona suicide attack on Monday.
Hamas said that Al Herbawi and Z’Ghayer are members of its armed wing the Al Qassam Brigades.
The attack on the southern Israeli city of Dimona, that targeted a shopping mall, left the two Palestinian attackers and an Israeli woman dead. Israeli sources reported 10 Israelis were also injured. Israeli police sources said that one of the attackers exploded himself while the other was shot dead by a police officer before detonating himself.
Hamas was not the only group that claimed the attack.
On Monday afternoon, shortly after the attack took place, three Palestinian resistance groups claimed responsibility for the Dimona bombing, including Fatah’s Al-Aqsa brigades, the Abu Ali Mustafa brigades, and a previously unknown group called the National Resistance brigades.
In a joint statement, faxed to press the three groups named the suicide bombers as Musa Arafat from Khan Younis and Loo-ay Al-Aghwani from Gaza City. The groups said that the two entered Israel through the Sinai desert.
The Israeli Authorities have kept security forces and police on state of high alert since Monday. Israeli security officials indicated that there may be two Palestinians who intend to conduct a suicide attack and are still free inside Israel.