Palestinian sources reported that the Israeli army has injured eight civilians and kidnapped another eight so far during an ongoing military operation targeting the northern West Bank city of Qalqilia on Tuesday.
Army jeeps and a bulldozer invaded the down town Qalqilia city in the early hours of Tuesday morning; troops opened fire randomly at residents’ homes, and started to conduct a house-to-house search campaign.
Witnesses said that local youth gathered near the attacked area and hurled stones at the invading troops, soldiers responded with tear gas and live rounds, eight were injured by the army fire, among them Mo’ath Abu Hamed, who sustained critical wounds in the face.
Security sources in the city told IMEMC that by Tuesday afternoon, the Israeli army has kidnapped eight civilians. The sources added that the army operation is still on going.
According to media sources in Qalqilia the Israeli army has blocked the entire city center, which paralyzed life in the city.
In related news the Israeli army announced that its troops have kidnapped at least 13 Palestinian civilians during pre dawn invasions targeting the West Bank cities of Hebron, Bethlehem, Ramallah and Nablus.
Latest update: 15:53