A High Court in England issued a verdict voiding a deportation order that was serviced against Sheikh Raed Salah, head of the northern branch of the Islamic Movement in the 1948 territories. The court said that the arrest of Salah was also unconstitutional. The Islamic Movement issued a press release declaring that Sheikh Salah won the appeal, adding that Upper Immigration Tribunal Justice CMG Ockelton said that the deportation order was issued by the court without sufficient evidence, Israeli daily, Haaretz, reported.

According to media reports, the Judge said that the deportation decision against Sheikh Salah based on false information, and that British Home Secretary, Theresa May, signed the order after reviewing this information.

Sheikh Raed Salah was detained by the British police, including immigration police, at a hotel he was staying at in London after returning from a lecture he gave in Leicester on June 29 last year.

In September 2012, a British High Court ruled that the arrest of Sheikh Salah was unconstitutional, and determined that he was eligible for compensation from the country.

The Sheikh was permitted to leave Britain but he maintained his stance that he arrest and imprisonment was unconstitutional, and said that he counter this act in British courts.

Sheikh Salah arrived in London before the end of June last year; he was planning to participate in a number of public meetings, including meetings with pro-Palestine groups, in addition to a meeting at the House of Parliament in London.

The Sheikh arrived in London after receiving an official invitation from Labor Party legislators in the country.

Three days after he was legally allowed into the country, British immigration officers arrested him at his hotel and cuffed him before taking him to a police station; he was then held at an immigration detention facility for 21 days.

Despite the fact that Salah was arrested from his hotel room on June 28th, he was not informed of the reasons behind his arrest until June 30th.

On July 18th, Sheikh Salah was released on bail, but the bail agreement obliged him to observe a 15-hour nightly curfew, and prevented him from speaking in public. He was also ordered to head to an immigration center on a daily basis, and was forced to wear a tracking device.