Two Palestinians were shot dead by Israeli soldiers in Jerusalem, Wednesday, while a third Palestinian died while being held by the Israeli army as a political detainee. Clashes between Palestinian youth and invading Israeli soldiers were reported all over the West Bank and Jerusalem. Since October 1st, 33 Palestinians have been killed, and more than 1600 others injured by Israeli troops, according to Palestinian medical sources. An earlier report by the Ministry of Health showed that since the start of October, 4000 residents were treated for the effects of tear gas inhalation fired by Israeli troops targeting Palestinian protesters.
On Wednesday, Bassem Bassam Sidr, 17, was shot dead at the Damascus Gate in occupied East Jerusalem on Wednesday after he allegedly pulled out a knife, Israeli police and media said — although no one but the teenager was injured or killed. Sidr was from the southern West Bank city of Hebron. Eyewitnesses reported that the army fired more than 10 rounds at the 17-year old as he was running away, killing him. Israeli police responded to the scene when someone began shouting that there was ‘An Arab with a knife’, and immediately shot the boy dead.
Meanwhile, Ahmad Abu Sh’aban, 23, was shoot dead on Wednesday evening, by Israeli soldiers near the central bus station in west Jerusalem. The Israeli police allege that he stabbed and lightly wounded a 50 year-old settler woman. The circumstances of his dead remains unknown until the time of this report.
Earlier on Wednesday morning, Fadi Al-Darbi ,30, from Jenin city, while being detained in Israeli army detention camp for political prisoners. Al-Darbi suffered a brain-stroke earlier in Ramon prison, and was left unconscious on the prison courtyard’s floor for 20 minutes, after he suffered internal brain injury.
After that, he was transferred to Soroka hospital. His health had deteriorated since then. Two years ago, Al-Darbi suffered from internal bleeding, and the Israeli Prison Service did not offer him any medical follow-up. Al-Darbi was imprisoned in 2006, and was sentenced to 14 years. He was moved several times to different jails.
Clashes on Wednesday were reported in different parts of the West Bank and Gaza. In the coastal region, 18 civilians were injured, including 3 by live round, when Israeli troops attacked protesters at border areas near Al Boreij refugee camp central Gaza Strip.
Moreover, 52 Palestinians have been injured during ongoing clashes between local youth and invading Israeli soldiers in West Bank communities, Palestinian sources reported. Clashes were reported in the central West Bank city of Ramallah, Nablus and Qalqilia in northern West Bank, and in the southern West Bank cities of Bethlehem and Hebron.
In Bethlehem, 32 youth were injured on Wednesday during clashes at the northern entrance of the city near the Israeli wall that separates it from Jerusalem. The clashes started after the funeral of Mutaz Zawahreh who was killed by Israeli army live gunfire in the same area on Tuesday. According to medical sources, 12 of those injured were hit by Israeli rubber-coated steel bullets.
In Hebron, at least 13 youth were injured one critically during clashes in different parts of the city and nearby towns. Bara’ Isma’el Shalash, 17, was injured in his abdomen by an Israeli live gunfire, during clashes in Hebron city. He was moved to a nearby hospital where doctors said that his condition is critical but stable.
Palestinian medical sources have reported, on Wednesday at night, that seven residents were injured by Israeli army fire, in the northern West Bank city of Qalqilia. The sources said that clashes took place near the southern entrance of Qalqilia city, after Israeli soldiers attempted to invade it.
The names of those killed by the army in October:
West Bank and Jerusalem:
1. Mohannad Halabi, 19, al-Biereh – Ramallah.
2. Fadi Alloun, 19, Jerusalem.
3. Amjad Hatem al-Jundi, 17, Hebron.
4. Thaer Abu Ghazala, 19, Jerusalem.
5. Abdul-Rahma Obeidallah, 11, Bethlehem.
6. Hotheifa Suleiman, 18, Tulkarem.
7. Wisam Jamal, 20, Jerusalem.
8. Mohammad al-Ja’bari, 19, Hebron.
9. Ahmad Jamal Salah, 20, Jerusalem.
10. Ishaq Badran, 19, Jerusalem.
11. Mohammad Said Ali, 19, Jerusalem.
12. Ibrahim Ahmad Mustafa Awad, 28, Hebron.
13. Ahmad Abedullah Sharakka, 13, Al Jalazoun Refugee camp-Ramallah.
14. Mostafa Al Khateeb, 18, Sur-Baher – Jerusalem.
15. Hassan Khalid Manassra, 15, Jerusalem.
16. Mohamed Nathmie Shamassnah, 22, Kutneh-Jerusalem.
17. Baha’ Elian,22, Jabal Al Mokaber-Jerusalem.
18. Mutaz Ibrahim Zawahra, 27, Bethlehem. Hit with a live bullet in the chest during a demonstration.
19. Ala’ Abu Jammal, 33, Jerusalem.
20. Bassem Bassam Sidr, 17, Hebron.
21. Ahmad Abu Sh’aban, 23, Jerusalem.
22. Fadi Al-Darbi , 30, Jenin – died in Israeli detention camp.
23. Shadi Hussam Doula, 20.
24. Ahmad Abdul-Rahman al-Harbawi, 20.
25. Abed al-Wahidi, 20.
26. Mohammad Hisham al-Roqab, 15.
27. Adnan Mousa Abu ‘Oleyyan, 22.
28. Ziad Nabil Sharaf, 20.
29. Jihad al-‘Obeid, 22.
30. Marwan Hisham Barbakh, 13.
31. Khalil Omar Othman, 15.
32. Nour Rasmie Hassan, 30.
33. Rahaf Yihiya Hassan, two years old. – killed along with her mother in an Israeli airstrike
Israeli casualties during the same time period:
10/13 – Yeshayahu Kirshavski, 60, bus shooting in East Jerusalem
10/13 – Haviv Haim, 78, bus shooting in East Jerusalem