The Palestinian Prisoners’ Society has reported, Thursday, that detainee Sami Janazra, 43, went on hunger strike on March 3, protesting his ongoing arbitrary Administrative Detention, without charges, since March 3rd despite his deteriorating health condition.

He went on hunger strike while being held in the Negev detention camp, in the Negev Desert, and on March 13, he received another Administrative Detention order for four additional months, for the second time since his abduction on November 15, 2015.

On March 20 2016, the Israeli Prison Authority started moving him from a detention center to another, in an attempt to pressure him into halting his strike.

He was moved from the Negev to Ofer, then back to solitary confinement in the Negev before he was moved to Soroka hospital, then back to the Negev and later to Ayala prison.

On March 31, a lawyer with the Palestinian Prisoners’ Society (PPS) visited him, and the detainee complained of constant pain in his chest, kidneys and teeth, but did not stop, or pause, his strike.

On April 7, the detainee was sent to the Ofer military court, and his appeal against his Administrative Detention was denied.

The lawyer visited Janazra again on April 14 in solitary in the Negev, and the detainee complained he was unable to walk, in addition to feeling dizzy and lack of balance standing or sitting, in addition to harsh living conditions. On the same day, the Israeli High Court set a heading session into his case for May 16.

On April 19, the PPS lawyer said visited Janazra and released he developed spasms, and that he also fainted earlier and fell onto the ground, causing a deep head wound.

On April 24, Janazra was moved to Soroka Israeli hospital in Beersheba (Be’er as-Sabe’), and later moved to back to Ayala prison, on April 27.

Janazra is from the al-Fawwar refugee camp, in the southern West Bank district of Hebron; he suffers pain in his kidney, abdomen and various parts of his body. The detainees is only drinking water.

The Israeli prison authorities confiscated all of his belongings, and are constantly trying to pressure him into ending his strike without reaching an agreement for his release despite the fact that he is held without charges.

Janazra was repeatedly kidnapped and imprisoned by Israel, spending more than seven years behind bars; he was supposed to be release on July 13, but Israel issued a new Administrative Detention against him before he initiated his strike.