The Palestinian Health Ministry has confirmed Tuesday morning that the young man who was shot and seriously injured by Israeli soldiers in Aqabat Jaber refugee camp, southwest of Jericho city in the northeastern West Bank, has succumbed to his wounds.

The Health Ministry said the soldiers shot Ahmad Ibrahim Oweidat, 20, with a live round in the head, causing life-threatening wounds.

It added that Palestinian medics rushed the young man to a governmental hospital in Jericho before he was moved to Palestine Medical Center in Ramallah, where he was immediately admitted to surgery and the Intensive Care Unit but succumbed to his serious wounds.

A second-year university student, Ahmad was shot when Israeli soldiers and undercover officers infiltrated the refugee camp, leading to protests before shooting and seriously wounded him.

The soldiers also shot three other Palestinians with live fire during the protests that took place after the army invaded the refugee camp.

The soldiers also invaded and ransacked several homes in the refugee camp before abducting Mohammad Abdullah Treiq and his son Hamza.

The Fateh movement, several factions, and civil society institutions declared a general strike, excluding the health sectors, to mourn the slain young man.

Local sources said Ahmad’s parents, performing pilgrimage in Mecca in Saudi Arabia, were informed their son was killed by the soldiers and will be heading back to Palestine before his funeral procession in the evening.

Updated From:
Soldiers Shoot Three Palestinians, One Seriously, In Jericho

Apr 26, 2022, at 08:14

Israeli soldiers and undercover units invaded Tuesday dawn, Aqabat Jaber refugee camp, south of Jericho city in the northeastern West Bank, shot three Palestinians, including one who suffered life-threatening wounds, and abducted two.

Media sources said undercover Israeli soldiers infiltrated the refugee camp before regular army units invaded it and abducted Mohammad Abdullah Treiq and his son Hamza.

They added that the invasion led to massive protests in the refugee camp before the soldiers fired a barrage of live rounds, gas bombs, and concussion grenades.

Medical sources in Jericho have confirmed that the soldiers shot three Palestinians with live fire; two in the lower extremities and one who was shot in the head and is in a critical condition.

It is worth mentioning that the Palestinian Health Ministry denied reports claiming one Palestinian was killed and confirmed that he remains in a profoundly serious condition.