Two Israeli ministers, on Sunday morning, stormed the court yards of Al-Aqsa Mosque, shortly after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu‘s decision to allow the entry of Israeli ministers and Knesset members.
Jerusalemite sources said, according to Al Ray, that the Israeli Minister of Agriculture, Uri Ariel,Â and the Israeli Minister of Culture, Miri Regev, stormed the courtyards with a number of settlers, and carried out a provocative tour in the mosque, reciting the Talmud, under the guard of Israeli special forces.
The Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs condemned the action, stressing that this intrusion comes after the decision of Israeli Prime Minister to allow the entry of Israeli ministers to the holy compounds.
President Mahmoud Abbas’ advisor on religious affairs, Mahmoud al-Habbash, Sunday, denounced the provocative tour.
According to WAFA, Habbash maintained that the continuation of these incursions with the blessing of the Israeli political system, particularly following Netanyahuâ€™s ease on restrictions on such visits, earlier this month,Â Â requires world countries to uphold their responsibilities to promptly intervene and take actual steps to put an end to such violations, in order to achieve world peace.
Habbash said: â€śIsrael, by its actions, is trying to put an end to the peace process, which he stressed proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that it does not want peace, nor does it exist on its agenda.â€ť
He slammed the Israeli government as ‘criminalâ€™ and in practice of systematic terrorism against the Palestinian people, their Islamic and Christian holy sites.
He called on the international community and human rights organizations to take a serious stand against these incursions and attacks, which he stressed provoke Muslimsâ€™ feelings worldwide and can only lead to a religious war.
(archive Al Ray image)