The Israeli army fired on Monday at dawn, several missiles, and shells into various areas in the northern, central, and southern parts of the besieged Gaza Strip.

Media sources in Gaza said the soldiers, stationed in military camps across the perimeter fence, fire two artillery shells at a site in Beit Lahia, in northern Gaza, causing fire, and severe damage, but did not lead to casualties.

The sources added an Israeli war jet fired two missiles into two sites, east of Deir al-Balah, in central Gaza, causing damage to the targeted structures and nearby homes.

In addition, the army fired two artillery shells at another site, east of Rafah city, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip, causing damage to the site and surrounding buildings.

Furthermore, Israel decided to impose a tight siege on Gaza waters, preventing the Palestinians from fishing until further notice, in addition to revoking entry permits of merchants from the coastal region.

The Israeli army claimed rocket sirens sounded in the Asqalan (Ashkelon) area and added that it closed that fishing zoned in the Gaza Strip due to what it called the “renewed rocket fire and flammable balloons from Gaza.”

The army added that the closure of the fishing zone in the Gaza Strip will remain in effect “until further notice.”

The army also decided to close the Erez (Beit Hanoun) border terminal until further notice.

Such measures, including the closing of border terminals and other violations against the civilian population, are acts of illegal collective punishment that violate International Law, even if the allegations of “rocket fire are true.”

The Israeli escalation on Gaza started after the Palestinians started holding protests on their lands near the perimeter fence across the eastern parts of the Gaza Strip, in condemnation of the ongoing violations in and around the Al-Aqsa Mosque, and the constant attacks by the soldiers and colonialist settlers against the Palestinians in the occupied Palestinian capital, Jerusalem, and the attempts to displace them from Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood.

On Sunday evening, the soldiers injured dozens of Palestinians, including a medic in Sheikh Jarrah, Bab al-‘Amoud, and several other areas in occupied Jerusalem.

It is worth mentioning that the soldiers abducted, Sunday, twenty-five Palestinians; 24 of them are former political prisoners, during ongoing invasions and violent searches of homes and buildings, in Jerusalem.

In addition, the soldiers injured overnight until morning hours, Sunday, at least 205 Palestinians, including some who were injured in the eyes, during protests that erupted after dozens of soldiers and police officers invaded the Al-Aqsa Mosque; The soldiers also abducted and detained many Palestinians.

Furthermore, a Palestinian father and his four children were injured, on Sunday at dawn, after the soldiers fired concussion grenades at them near Bab al-‘Amoud in occupied Jerusalem.