RAMALLAH, Sunday, December 26, 2021 (WAFA) – Nabil Abu Rudeineh, spokesman for President Mahmoud Abbas, said today that “we will not allow the assaults by Israeli occupation and its settlers against our people to continue.”
“Our people have the tools to defend their rights, and no one should underestimate the potential and the determination of our people,” he said in a press statement.
The presidential spokesman’s statement came in a response to a new wave of violence and attacks by Israeli settlers backed by army against the villages of Burqa, Sebastia and Bazariya in the occupied West Bank province of Nablus, which so far resulted in the injury of about 250 Palestinian civilians and the vandalism of public and private property.
“The current situation resulting from Israel’s policies in the Palestinian territories is like playing with fire and is unacceptable, and we will not allow it to continue,” said Abu Rudeineh.
He continued, “No force can impose on the Palestinian people what to do. The Palestinian people have the ability and determination to thwart all conspiracies being hatched against the [Palestinian] cause.”
“The upcoming PLO Central Council session will pave the way to a new phase, in the event that the Israeli government insists on continuing its aggressive policies against the Palestinian people, and in the event and the international community remains silent about these repeated crimes,” he pointed out.
Abu Rudeineh urged the international community, particularly the UN Security Council, “to intervene urgently to provide international protection for the Palestinian people, as Israel cannot continue to act as a state above the law.”
He stressed the need “to work to pressure the Israeli government to stop settlements and curb the settlers’ attacks, which mainly aim to thwart US and international efforts aimed at reviving the political process.”