An Israeli military drone fired, on Thursday afternoon, a missile at Palestinians east of Rafah, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip, killing one, and wounding three others, including one who suffered serious injuries.
The Palestinian Health Ministry in Gaza said the Palestinian, identified as Abdul-Karim Radwan, 22, died from his serious wounds in a hospital in Rafah, despite all efforts to save his life.
It added that three other Palestinians were injured by the Israeli missile, including one who suffered serious wounds, and is currently on life support.
Media sources in Gaza said the slain Palestinian is an officer with the Field Control Department of Al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas.
It is worth mentioning that Abdul-Karim’s brother, Ahmad Radwan, was killed by Israeli soldiers during a military offensive and invasion into Rafah, in 2002.
Furthermore, three armored Israeli military bulldozers advanced approximately 50 meters into Palestinian lands in southern Gaza, and placed sand hills.
Commenting on the casualties in Gaza, the Israeli army claimed it targeted “Palestinians flying flammable balloons near a post run by the armed wing of Hamas in Rafah,” and added that Palestinian fighters “fired mortar shells at soldiers operating near southern Gaza.”
The army also said it will continue its operations “against Hamas with great severity.”
Just a few hours before the army killed Abdul-Karim, the Health Ministry published detailed statistics on the Palestinian casualties by Israeli army fire, since the beginning of the Great Return March on March 30th, 2018. The data covers the period between March 30th and July 17th.
- 142 Palestinians killed, and 16496 injured.
- 7901 of the wounded were treated in field trauma stabilization units.
- 8695 of the wounded were transferred to several hospitals.
- 17 of the slain Palestinians are children.
- 2 of the slain Palestinians are medics.
- 2 of the slain Palestinians are women.
- 3126 of the wounded Palestinians are children.
- 1362 of the wounded Palestinians are women.
- 325 of the wounded Palestinians are medics.
Type of injuries:
- 391 Palestinians suffered serious injuries.
- 3992 Palestinians suffered moderate injuries.
- 12113 Palestinians suffered mild injuries.
Cause of injuries:
- 4190 Palestinians were shot with live ammunition.
- 529 Palestinians were shot rubber-coated steel bullets.
- 7421 Palestinians suffered the effects of teargas inhalation.
- 4356 Palestinians suffered cuts, bruises and fractures.
Location Of injury In The Body:
- 613 in the head and neck.
- 361 in the chest and back.
- 392 in the abdomen and pelvis.
- 1239 in the upper limbs.
- 5383 in the lower limbs.
- 1087 Other.
- 60 lower limbs.
- 1 upper limbs.
- 7 handed and fingers.
Israeli army fire also caused damage to 58 Palestinian ambulances in several parts of the Gaza Strip.