Update: Local media in Gaza have reported that the death count from the Israeli airstrikes on al-Wehda Street in al-Rimal neighborhood in Gaza City before dawn on Sunday has reached 26, at least five of whom are children.
The missile strikes killed 13 members of the al-Qolaqfamily, ranging in age from 1 to 85, as they huddled in their homes in terror while the Israeli airstrikes continued throughout the night. Local Palestinians have reported hearing as many as 150 Israeli bombs during the course of the night.
One of the families wiped out by an Israeli missile Sunday morning was that of Riyad Hasan IshKinatna, who was pulled out of the rubble Sunday morning by rescue crews, barely alive, only to be told when he reached the hospital that his wife and five children were all killed in the Israeli attack.
Also killed in the barrage of airstrikes on al-Wehda Street was Dr. Mo’in Ahmad al-Aloul, a neurologist and brain specialist.
The search is still going on for missing persons.
These are the names known so far:
1. Abdul Hamid Fawaz Al-Qolaq, 22 years old
2. Amin Mohammad Al-Qolaq, 85 years old
3. Mohammad Awni Al-Qolaq, 17 years old
4. Ayat Ibrahim Al-Qolaq, 19 years old
5. Ahmed Shukri Al-Qolaq, 17 years old
6. Reham Fawaz Al-Qolaq, 30 years old
7. Fawaz Shukri Al-Qolaq, 55 years old
8. Rawan Alaa Abu Al-Awf, 19 years old
9. Dima Rami Al-Franji, 16 years old
10. Dr. Mo’in Ahmad Al-Aloul, 66 years old
11. Luay Mohammad Oudeh, 54 years old
12. Hazem Adel Al-Qama, 48 years old
13. Dr. Ayman Abu Al-Auf, 50 years old
14. Amal Jamil Al-Qolaq, 34 years old
15. Sameh Fawaz Al-Qolaq, 28 years old
16. Saadia Youssef Al-Qolaq, 28 years old
17. Izzat Moeen Al-Qolaq, 44 years old
18. Adham Ezzat Al-Qolaq, 3 years old
19. Qusay Sameh Al-Qolaq, 1 year old.
Below this article is a comprehensive list of the names of the killed who have been identified thus far in the Israeli escalation that began on Monday May 10th.
Updated from: Israeli Missiles Kill Seven Family Members, Including Five Children, In Gaza
May 16, 2021 at 08:58
Israeli missiles killed, on Sunday at dawn, seven family members, including a mother and her five children, in their apartment in the al-Wihda Street, in the Remal neighborhood, in Gaza city.
Update: Darwish Mohammad Yazouri, 61, was killed in his home due to the Israeli bombing of Khan Younis, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip.
Media sources said the army fired a missile into the apartment of Riyad Hasan IshKinatna, killing his wife and five children. Riyad was later found under the rubble and was rushed to a hospital in Gaza.
The family is the second to be obliterated by Israeli missiles in less than 24 hours, after the army killed ten members of the Abu Hatab family, after firing missiles at their homes in the Shati refugee camp; only a baby, five months of age, survived the attack.
Also on Saturday night, the Israeli Airforce fired missiles at homes in the al-Wihda Street, killing Dr. Moin Ahmad al-Aloul, a neurologist and brain specialist, along with his wife and five children.
They added that the Israeli airforce and the navy fired many missiles into Gaza, targeting the homes, several buildings, and residential towers in various parts of Gaza.
The Israeli strikes also caused serious damage to many homes, structures, residential towers, and caused a power blackout in the Rimal neighborhood.
In a statement, the Health Ministry in Gaza said rescue teams and residents managed to find five children alive under the rubble of a bombarded home in Gaza, after the army fired missiles at homes and buildings in Gaza city, instantly killing two and wounding 25 others.
It added that, since many Palestinians are still missing, buried under the rubble, the number of slain Palestinians is likely to increase.
It is worth mentioning that the Israeli army fired at least twenty missiles into several parts of Gaza city, especially in the neighborhoods in Remal, Tal al-Hawa, Sheikh Ejleen, Saraya Junction, and other areas.
The army also carried out more than 50 strikes within just a few minutes targeting the Remal neighborhood, al-Wihda Street, Palestine Stadium, in addition to the western and southern areas of Gaza city.
Many Palestinian families fled their homes to seek Shelter in the Shifa Medical Center which also reported many deaths and dozens of injuries after the army bombed homes in al-Wihda Street and added that many Palestinians are buried under the rubble.
The Israeli army also killed at least two Palestinians and injured three others in an area, east of Jabalia, in northern Gaza.
On Saturday, the army killed Sa’id Abu Ghalyoun, 30, after firing a missile at a car, north of Gaza city.
Furthermore, many warehouses, and storage rooms, were also bombed by Israel in the at-Atatra area, northwest of Beit Lahia, in northern Gaza, after the army fired missiles at them, on Saturday evening.
Most of them contain plastic products, agricultural supplies, and tools, causing an intense and spreading fire in them and surrounding buildings.
List of casualties:
26 killed in the bombing of al-Wihda Street in al-Rimal, which is the governmental district of Gaza City
- Riyad Hasan IshKinatna, and her five children
- Abdul Hamid Fawaz Al-Qolaq, 22 years old
- Amin Mohammad Al-Qolaq, 85 years old
- Mohammad Awni Al-Qolaq, 17 years old
- Ayat Ibrahim Al-Qolaq, 19 years old
- Ahmad Shukri Al-Qolaq, 17 years old
- Reham Fawaz Al-Qolaq, 30 years old
- Fawaz Shukri Al-Qolaq, 55 years old
- Rawan Alaa Abu Al-Awf, 19 years old
- Dima Rami Al-Franji, 16 years old
- Dr. Mo’in Ahmad Al-Aloul, 66 years old – a neurologist and brain specialist
- Luay Mohammad Oudeh, 54 years old
- Hazem Adel Al-Qama, 48 years old
- Dr. Ayman Abu Al-Auf, 50 years old
- Amal Jamil Al-Qolaq, 34 years old
- Sameh Fawaz Al-Qolaq, 28 years old
- Saadia Youssef Al-Qolaq, 28 years old
- Izzat Moeen Al-Qolaq, 44 years old
- Adham Ezzat Al-Qolaq, 3 years old
- Qusay Sameh Al-Qolaq, 1 year old.
- Maha Mohammad Abd al-Aal al-Hadidi (Abu Hatab), and her children :
- Suhaib Muhammad al-Hadidi (14 years),
- Yahya Mohammad al-Hadidi (11 years),
- Abd al-Rahman Mohammad al-Hadidi (8 years)
- and Osama Mohammad al-Hadidi (6 years)
- Hussein Atiya at-Teety, 26, from the al-Fawwar refugee camp. Killed in Hebron
- Yasin Hasan Yassin Hamad, 26, from Saida town, north of Tulkarem.
50 year old man, Ramat Gan. Killed by rocket that struck his apartment.
5/14 (44 killed)
- Mohammad Khaled at-Tawashi, 27, was killed in an Israeli bombardment in Deir al-Balah.
- Mohammad Ibrahim Mohammad Amen, 51, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck his home in Beit Lahia, in northern Gaza.
- Lina Mohammad Mahmoud al-Omar, 13, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck her home in the al-Boreij refugee camp, in central Gaza.
- Manar Khader Ahmad Issa al-Omar, 39, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck her home in the al-Boreij refugee camp, in central Gaza.
- Faiza Ahmad Mohmmad al-Omar, 45, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck her home in the al-Boreij refugee camp, in central Gaza.
- Mustafa Hasan Ahmad al-Abed al-Omar, 35, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck his home in Tal al-Hawa, in Gaza city.
- Lamia’ Hasan Mohammad Attar, 27, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck her home in Beit Lahia, in northern Gaza.
- Wala’ Mohammad Ibrahim Amen, 24, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck her home in Beit Lahia, in northern Gaza.
- Warda Mohammad Ibrahim Amen, 22, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck her home in Beit Lahia, in northern Gaza.
- Hadeel Mohammad Ibrahim Amen, 18, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck her home in Beit Lahia, in northern Gaza.
- Siham Yousef Mohammad Rantisi, 66, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck her home in the al-Jneina neighborhood in Rafah.
- Shaima’ Diab Mohammad Rantisi, 21, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck her home in the al-Jneina neighborhood in Rafah.
- xIbrahim Mohammad Ibrahim Rantisi, 2, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck his family’s home in the al-Jneina neighborhood in Rafah.
- Raed Ibrahim Khamis Rantisi, 29, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck her home in the al-Jneina neighborhood in Rafah.
- Kholoud Fuad Farhan Zamily, 27, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck her home in the at-Tannour neighborhood in Rafah.
- Bothaina Mahmoud Obeid, 7, who was killed when shrapnel of an Israeli missile struck her in the head when the army fired missiles near her family’s home.
- They added that two young men, in their twenties, were killed by a missile fired by an Israeli military drone east of Jabalia, in northern Gaza. The attack also caused many injuries.
- Another young man, in his twenties, was killed, and one was seriously injured, when an Israeli drone fired a missile into an area east of Abasan town, east of Khan Younis.
- A child, identified as Mahmoud Hamed Hasan Talba, 13,
- in addition to Abdul-Rahman Estbeita, 34, were killed when the army bombarded homes in the Zeitoun neighborhood in Gaza city.
- The Israeli missiles also killed a child, identified as Ahmad Rami Mahmoud al-Hawajri, 15,
- and a young man, Moayyad Taiseer Abdul-Rahman al-Omar, 20, in the al-Boreij refugee camp, in central Gaza.
- two Palestinian women, identified as Sabreen Nasser Mohammad Abu Dayya, 27,
- and Ni’ma Saleh Ayyash, 47,
- and a man, Hashem Mohammad Zogheibi, 20, were killed when the army fired missiles at homes in Um an-Nasser village, in northern Gaza.
- Nisreen Nasser Abu Qleiq, 25 – In Beit Hanoun, in northern Gaza, destroying an entire neighborhood, killing many Palestinians, and injuring dozens.
- Soheib Abdul-Rahim Awad Ghanem, 25.
- An infant, identified as Hoor Zamily, 18 months, was also killed by Israeli missiles targeting homes in Khan Younis, in southern Gaza.
- Mahmoud Mohammad Al-Madhoun, 30, was pronounced dead from his wounds at Al-Shifa Hospital. Al-Madhoun sustained a shrapnel injury to his head as he stood at the entrance of his house when an Israeli airstrike hit adjacent land.
- At 8:20pm, Ahmad Mohammed Al-Nader, 32, and
- Ahmad Awad Al-Nader, 36, were pronounced dead on arrival at Gaza’s Indonesia Hospital, having been recovered by rescue crews by the Palestinian Civil Defense. Both men had been killed in an Israeli airstrike on agricultural land earlier that day
- Sa’id Abu Ghalyoun, 30, was killed in a vehicle north of Gaza City that was targeted for a missile strike by the Israeli airfoe
- Dr. Issa Barham, 40, a District Attorney with the Palestinian Public Prosecution Department, in Abu Sbeih Mountain in his town of Beita, southeast of Nablus.
- Malek Hamdan, 22, shot with live rounds to the chest, before he succumbed to his wounds in a hospital in Nablus.
- Husam Asayra, 20, with a live round to the chest, during protests that took place after the soldiers invaded Asira al-Qibliya village and attacked protesters.
- Nidal Sayel Safadi, 30, after shooting him with a live round – Orif village
- Mohammad Rawhi Hammad, 30, after he reportedly attempted to ram soldiers with his car. The Palestinian is from Silwad town, northeast of Ramallah.
- Yousef Mahdi Nawasra, 27, from Fahma village, southwest of the northern West Bank city of Jenin, during protests near the Dothan Israeli military roadblock
- Sharif Khaled Salman, 37, Marda village, Salfit – Sharif had not been participating in protests, but was standing outside his home when he was shot by invading Israeli forces
- Awad Ahmad Harb, 27, in Iskaka village, east of Salfit.
- Ismael Jamal at-Tubasi, 23, shot with a live round to the head in ar-Reehiyya village, south of the southern West Bank city of Hebron, and attacked dozens of residents, in addition to firing many live rounds at them
- Mohammad Adel Abu Shqeir, 20, from the al-Qasab neighborhood, during protests that took place at the entrance of the city of Jericho
- Nizar Nidal Ma’rouf Abu Zeina, 22, with a live round in the chest, causing a very serious injury, before he was rushed to Thabet Thabet hospital, in Tulkarem, where he died of his wounds despite efforts to save his life.
Mohammad Tahhan, 21. He was from the town of Adloun, and died at Marjayoun Governmental Hospital after he was injured by Israeli fire.
- Hammad Ayyad
- Hala Hussein Rafat ar-Reefy, 14
- Khaled Emad al-Qanou’, 16
- Abdul-Rahim Mohammad al-Madhoun, 63, and
- Hajar Abdul-Razeq al-Madhoun, 60, were killed in the Jabalia refugee camp.
- Rafat at-Tannani,
- his pregnant wife,
- and their four children, One of the children has been identified as Amir Rafat Mohammad Tannani, 7.
- Child at-Tannani
- Child at-Tannani
- Child at-Tannani
- Another Palestinian, identified as Osama Jamal Zibda, 33, was killed in an Israeli bombardment of Beit Hanoun. His father, Jamal Mohammad Zibda, 65, was killed a day earlier.
- Rashid Muhammad Abu Ara, 16 Tubas
- Mohammad Nahedh Abu Sakran, 26, Gaza city.
- Ahmad Ibrahim Abu Sakran, 65, Gaza city.
- Ammar Taiseer Mohammad al-’Amour, 11, Khan Younis.
- Hamada Ayed Atiya al-‘Amour, 13, Khan Younis.
- Sami Sa’id Mohammad al-‘Omar, 41, Gaza city.
- Tal’at Jamil Mahmoud Agha, 37, Gaza city.
- Waleed Mousa Khaled al-Omar, 56, Gaza city.
- Atef Abdul-Rahma Jom’a al-Omar, 48, Beit Lahia.
- Na’el Khaled Younis al-Omar, 23, Beit Lahia.
- Hammad Ayyad Mansour al-Omar, 86, Rafah.
- Mariam Mohammad Odah at-Tilbani, 3, Gaza city.
- Zeid Mohammad Odah at-Tilbani, 5, Gaza city.
- Mohammad Ahmad Abu Amsha, 40, Beit Hanoun.
- Ahmad Walid at-Talla’ al-Omar, 30, Nusseirat.
- Hamza Nasser, 11, Gaza city.
- Sa’id Hashem’s al-Hatto, 65, Gaza city.
- Maisoon Zaki Hashed al-Hatto, 60, Gaza city. (Sa’id’s wife)
- Jamal Mohammad Sa’id Zibda, 65, Gaza city.
- Bassel Abdul-Karim Issa, Gaza city.
- Awad Nabil Abu Salmiya, 34. Gaza city.
- Abdul-Salam Mahmoud al-Ghazali, 29, Gaza city.
- Nader Mohammad Nabeeh al-Ghazali, 47, Gaza city.
- Mustafa Mazen Salem Kardiya, 32, Gaza city.
- Mansour Yousef Hasan el-Dremle, 67, Gaza city.
- Mahmoud Ahmad Abu Amer, 38, Khan Younis.
- Majed Abed-Rabbo Mahmoud Abu Sa’ada, 58, Khan Younis.
- Hadeel Khaled Arafa al-Omar, 27, Khan Younis.
- Miami Abdullah Arafa al-Omar, 49, Khan Younis.
- Mahmoud Kamil Kalousa, 29, Khan Younis.
- Bashar Ahmad Sammour, 17, Khan Younis.
- a child, identified as Lina Fathi Sharir, 16, was killed in an Israeli bombing in the Sheikh Radwan neighborhood in Gaza city, Wednesday.
- Her father Eyad Fathi Fayeq Sharir, 35, was instantly killed.
- Yahia Mazen Khalifa, 14, was killed in an Israeli bombardment of homes in Gaza city.
- Soumya Santosh, 31, from Kerala, India, killed May 12th in Ashkelon when a rocket hit the apartment where she worked as a homecare worker for an 80-year old Israeli woman. The woman she worked for was injured.
- Nela Gurevitch was killed by a rocket that hit her apartment building in Ashkelon. Her husband was lightly wounded by the rocket.
- Leah Yom-Tov was killed by a rocket that struck her home in Rishon Lezion.
- Khalil Awad and his teenage daughter Nadeen – killed by a rocket that hit their home in the unrecognized village of Dahmash near the city of Lod. They were Palestinians with Israeli citizenship, and their village, Dahmash, is ‘unrecognized’ by Israeli authorities so lacking in basic infrastructure. The town has no bomb shelters – they had requested funds from the Israeli government to build shelters, but were denied by the Central District Planning and Construction Committee.
- Staff Sergeant Omer Tabib – killed when an anti-tank missile hit his military jeep while he was on duty patrolling the Israel-Gaza border
- Ido Avigal, 5, was critically wounded Wednesday night when he was struck by shrapnel from a rocket that hit near a bomb shelter where he was hiding with his family. He died of his wounds several hours later
- Sameh Fahim Hashem al-Mamlouk, al-Ramal
- Kamal Taiseer Qreiqe’, 35, al-Ramal neighborhood in Gaza city
- Salim Mahmoud al-Farra, 37, Khan Younis
- Mohammad Yahia Abu al-Ata, 30, al-Ramal, Gaza City
- Mohammad Abdul-Rauf Hallas, Sheja’eyya, east of Gaza City
- Amira Abdul-Fattah Sobeh, 57, killed in her home in the Shati’ refugee camp.
- her son Abdul-Rahman Sobeh (special needs), killed in the same bombing.
- Eyad Fathi Fayeq Sharir, 35, a leader in the al-Qassam Brigades, killed at home, along with his wife, in the Sheikh Radwan neighborhood, in Gaza city.
- xMohammad Ali Mohammad Nosseir, Jabalia
- Mohammad Abdullah Zidan Fayyad, Jabalia
- Ibrahim Yousef Atallah al-Masri, 10 years old, Beit Hanoun
- Yazin Sultan Atallah al-Masri, 1-year-old, Beit Hanoun
- Marwan Yousef Atallah al-Masri, 12, Beit Hanoun
- Rahaf Mohammad Atallah al-Masri, 10-year-old girl, Beit Hanoun
- Ahmad Mohammad Atallah al-Masri, 20, Beit Hanoun
- Saber Ibrahim Suleiman, 39, Jabalia
- his son Mohammad, 16, Jabalia
- Esmat Sha’ban az-Zein, 49, Jabalia
- Mousa Khalil az-Zein, 19, Jabalia
- Zakariya Ziad Alloush, Jabalia
- Bashir Mohammad Alloush, Jabalia
- Raed al-‘Abed Abu Warda, 27, Jabalia
- Nabil an-No’mani Dardouna, Jabalia
- Mustafa Mohammad Obeid, 17, Jabalia